Thursday 4 October 2012

Lesson 4 - 04/10/2012

This week, we all took part in a vocal warm up again -this made sure that our vocal chords were fully warmed up to reach our maximum potential when singing. Also, to get us all working as a group and comfortable singing around each other we sang a variety of songs from different musicals. This benefited us because it means that we are now more confident when singing as a group.

This week I feel like as a group, we now all know the lyrics of the song without having to look at the sheets. This benefits us as a group because it means we can now work on getting the routine right to fit with the lyrics. Also, this week I think that we have all worked as a team well to help each other out when learning the song to make sure that everybody knows what they are singing and how to sing it.

However, for next week, I feel like we need to work on the characterisation of the song and how the song is portrayed to the audience. As Hairspray is a 'cheesy' musical, I think that the actions need to very outgoing and over the top. We could do this by characterising some of the words such as when Tracy sings "give me a chance, because when I start to dance I'm a movie star"; we need to act this out and really show off what the song is trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment